Think of Plans as subscription template or type. While each subscription can be 100% customized, it starts with a "Plan"
Nearly every business that offers subscription/recurring billing has a concept of a plan. Think of the various plans offered by your cable provider, mobile phone carrier or online software like Quickbooks Online, they all offer different plan levels or levels of service (i.e. Bronze, Silver, Gold), an Armatic subscription functions the same.
To get started
Navigate to "Plans" under "Settings".
Next, you will see any plans you've already created. Click "New Plans" in the upper right corner.
Creating a Plan
Enter the following required information from the new plan formation menu:
- Plan name - This is how you will refer to your plan
- Interval - The period of time between when invoices will be created
- Products/Services - What the customer is being charged for
- Price - The amount the customer is charged
Additional Plan Options
- Plan Code - Used for internal plan identification
- Duration - Changing duration to "Limited Billing Cycles" will cancel the subscription after a the specified number of invoices have been created
- Days of Trial - The trial period is a period the period of time after the subscription is active but no invoices have been created yet.
- Currency - Change the currency of invoices created by this plan
- One Time line Items - Mark an item as "One Time" will remove that line item from invoices created following the creation of the initial invoice
- Tax Line Items - Makes the item as "Taxable" (requires a tax rate to be set)
- Notes/Terms - Will be displayed on the invoices created by this plan
Here's an example:
Once that's done, you save the plan using the "save" button in the upper right corner.
Look for the chat icon on the right to send us a message, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (949) 424-2875.